Pages

Thursday 31 May 2012

Jubilee Jollification!

Hello my lovelies! The past week has seen Jubilee celebrations reaching new heights here in the UK, and for us the highlight was a visit to the Jubilee Air Show at Duxford in Cambridgeshire. We love exploring this aviation museum, delving into the past as we take a walk down memory lane, for those who fought in the war, on land, but especially in the air. So, on Sunday we got up super early to beat the queues, and made it to Duxford for an early breakfast in the most glorious sunshine. A light breeze made it bearable in the sun as we spent a day picnicking and watching old and new aeroplanes painting the sky, as skilled pilots entertained us with their flights of fancy. I thought I'd share a few pictures of our day.

































































My favourite was definitely the Spitfire ensemble...they always are, but I equally enjoyed the more modern Red Bull stunt pilots who provided many thrills, especially the beautifully painted heart in the sky. The day was as perfect as it could ever be, with everyone in good spirits, a fabulous turn out, and the best of our British weather. I did however slap the old suncream on as a bit of an after thought, and ended up looking like the ripest sun-ripened tomato on the veggie shelf! You live and learn...


 


We are continuing celebrations into the weekend, and as today is the last day of school for our kidlets, they're also enjoying festivities of their own at school. They had to dress up today, in red, white, and blue, or anything 'Jubilee themed'. Now, the shops have obviously missed a trick here, because finding something with a little bit of Jubilee jolly, was not easy! In the end I had to raid their wardrobes and work with what they had.

I gave a white shirt a make-over by adding embellishments and a silhouette of Queen Elizabeth. My little honey was happy with her little outfit!

For my little man I made a Union Jack tie from two flags. The shops were full of these at least! We added a quirky make-over to his favourite hat, and of course a pocket hanky for a polished look.

And posers they certainly are! I wonder where they get that from? Hmmm...

So that's what we've been up to this week. What have you been doing where you are? Pop in and tell me all about it. I would love to hear from you.

Blessings and more blessings to you!
Tania♥

3 comments:

  1. Hello beautiful Tania, What a delightful post dearest! You look so pretty and retro! I love how you dress! Your children are lovely and sweet! I enjoyed seeing the planes and reading about the day. The heart is wonderful! You are so creative sweetie! I love what you did with your sweet daughter's top and what you did with your sweet son's shirt, and I love the hat and ribbons! Such fun and very patriotic! They look fantastic! I know they were happy to have mum make their outfits to celebrate the Jubilee! Have a lovely Friday and weekend dear friend! Much love, Paula xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Tania,
    What a fun day you and your family have enjoyed, happily together! Here in the USA we have airshows featuring the Blue Angels. I have fun memories taking our sons to hear and see them whizzing overhead!
    Thanks for sharing and..oh, I love your Jubilee Tee Shirts!
    Smiles,
    Carolynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving such a kind comment. I'm so glad you enjoyed my teacosy post and hope you will pop by for another visit soon :)
    Your blog is just delicious... I can tell I'm going to love your style! Your children look amazing in their Jubilee 'best'... you're one clever Mummy!

    Hope you have a super weekend, lovely to meet you :)

    Louise xxx

    ReplyDelete

Stay a while...Would love to hear from you!