Pages

Friday 18 April 2014

A handmade Easter...

Hello my lovelies! First of all, I'd like to wish you a very happy, blessed Easter! Last year this time we were fortunate enough to spend it in South Africa with our family. How time flies...I cannot believe the clock has ticked a whole twelve months on! This year we are spending it at home, indulging in a little comfort food, a few (okay...maybe more than a few!) sweet treats, whilst reflecting on the wondrous gift of salvation that we have received from above! I have been a very busy Easter bunny, and have crafted a few surprises for the kidlets to discover and enjoy over the weekend. So, before we continue, a word of warning...This is a picture heavy post! Brace yourselves!

'Made-over' egg boxes, ready to be filled with some Easter treats...I used paper, pretty cut outs, and even did a little needle felting to make these. A first for me!



























One for my girlie...



























And some for the boys...





















































Now, tradition in our house on Easter morning, is that the children wake up to a trail of bunny droppings (mini eggs,left by the Easter bunny of course!), leading from their bedrooms, down the stairs to a lovely stash in the living room. This year I've made new little baskets from peat pots, so they can collect the 'droppings' on their way downstairs. They were super cheap to make, only 80p for twelve, and I only needed three! A bit of paper and string, and the Easter bunny pots come to life!

Budget bunny baskets!





























I have also made them each an Easter basket, using, hanging baskets from a discount shop, and at just £1 each, it was another bargain basket craft! I had some spray paint which I used on the outside, and tissue paper to line the inside. I shredded some brown paper for 'straw' to nest inside, and then filled them with all the lovely chocolate goodies!




































I added some cheeky silhouettes...





















































All ready for Easter Sunday! 



























This morning we enjoyed a lovely 'Good Friday' breakfast...Bunny pancakes...(Thank you Pinterest!)






























It was a lovely way to start the day, with delicate posies in egg shells...































And togetherness around the breakfast table...





























I look forward to the rest of this weekend, and I hope that you all have something nice planned too! 

Blessings, Tania x

4 comments:

  1. OLÁ TANIA,APRENDER A TRADUZIR SEM TRADUTOR,ESTAR MUITO FELIZ.EU ADORAR AS SURPRESAS DO COELHO DA SUA CASA,PARABÉNS.FELIZ PASCOA! BEIJO.VALÉRIA.(BRASIL).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful ideas and they all look so beautiful! Happy Easter!
    Cath @ Bits 'n Bobs

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fabulous easter crafts, I love the idea of rabbit droppings!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww!!! (I swear, I just said that aloud as I scrolled through these photos) What a tremendously charming, heartwarming sweet and festive array of Easter decorations that you created. Your family is so blessed to have your creativity to enrich and add extra beauty to their world.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete

Stay a while...Would love to hear from you!